The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) announced its award winners on Thursday 26 September at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa, Northamptonshire.
The showcase and exhibition commenced in the morning, including a series of keynotes and a look back through the decades of BICSc. 200 guests then entered the Brooklands Suite for the awards ceremony which was hosted by journalist and writer, Louise Hulland.
This year’s chairman’s charity of choice was once again Clarity & Co, a social enterprise which employs those with disabilities. The event raised over £1200 for this social enterprise.
Amongst the award winners were Robinson Services, presented with the John Edwards Award. Robinson Services is a corporate member of BICSc and was chosen by the judges for ‘demonstrating extraordinary commitment to improving cleaning standards from within its organisation’.
The Institute’s most prestigious accolade - ‘The Chairman’s Award’ - was presented to Bob Vincent for his outstanding contribution to the Institute and the cleaning industry. The Colin Hasson International Award went to Dr. Talal Al Harigi of the Saudi-based organisation, Facilities and Hospitality Management. Michael Hirst of Huddersfield University collected the Outstanding Candidate of the Year Award.
A spokesperson for the judging panel said: “This year we received the largest number of entries to date. The commitment to BICSc standards continues to overwhelm us year on year. What’s even more important than the qualities of the finalists and winners are the examples they set for others. By demonstrating the benefits and practicalities of BICSc standards and training, these organisations and individuals simply inspire others to aim higher within their own companies, driving improvement throughout the industry.”
The 2019 BICSc Annual Awards Winners [Cross Head]
· The Chairman’s Award - Bob Vincent FBICSc.
· The Eric Hill Medal - Lorraine Larman FBICSc.
· The Colin Hasson International Award - Dr. Talal Al Harigi, Facilities and Hospitality Management.
· Commitment to BICSc Training within Healthcare - The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn.
· John Edwards Award (Outstanding Corporate Member) - Robinson Services.
· Excellence in Training and Assessment (UK) - County Square Shopping Centre.
· Client Commitment to Training - One Housing with Chequers Contract Services.
· Assessor of the Year - Wendy Hargreaves, Vinci Facilities.
· Excellence in Training and Assessment (International) - Berkeley Services LLC.
· Outstanding Candidate of the Year - Michael Hirst, University of Huddersfield
The 2020 BICSc Annual Awards, Showcase and Exhibition will take place at Whittlebury Hall on Thursday 24 September.