On Monday 14 October, in front of 1300 guests at The Grosvenor House Hotel, winners of the 2013 BIFM Awards were announced by Gyles Brandreth, with headline sponsor Macro. The awards, now in their 12th year, recognise the contribution made by facilities management sector to the economy and society.
Chairman of the BIFM Awards judges, Oliver Jones, said: &ldquoldquo;The BIFM Awards are the recognised benchmark for excellence in the facilities management industry. Identifying and celebrating the very best in our world of FM is a vital characteristic of progress and acknowledges the continually improving standards being set by our most exceptional people and organisations.”
The 2013 winners are:
• Excellence in Customer Service: Chiswick Park, Enjoy Work.
• Excellence in Product Development: GSH Group's Energy Monitoring Application (EMAP).
• FM Excellence in a Major Project: COMET Advisory, Tri-Borough Transforming TFM.
• FM Service Provider of the Year: GRITIT.
• Facilities Manager of the Year: Deborah Rowland, Cabinet Office.
• Impact on Organisation & Workplace: Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd, Britvic at Breakspear Park.
• In-House Team of the Year: Edge Hill University, Facilities Management.
• Innovation in the Use of Technology and Systems: iSite, The HUB; Middlesex University, New Ways of Working - a Digital Journey.
• Learning & Career Development: MITIE Client Services.
• Profound Impact on the Industry Over the Last Five Years: Anne Lennox-Martin.
• Sustainability & Environmental Impact: Cofely & Peel Media Group, MediaCityUK; Edinburgh Napier University, Environmental Management System Implementation.
• Judges Special Recognition Award: Kajima Community.
• Lifetime Achievement: Frank Duffy.
Oliver Jones added, “Every year we see the quality, depth and diversity of the entrants evolve, and our judges were witness to some phenomenal case studies, projects, teams, individuals and organisations. It is important to celebrate the winners, but it is also crucial we recognise all our finalists too. When we look at the quality of FM which was showcased at the ceremony, it really cements the UK as a global leader in the FM sector. Many congratulations to all of the worthy winners.”