The Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC), the RAF Environmental Health Cadre, and the WCEC's affiliated cadet units were recognised for their work and achievements at the annual Military Awards presentation, organised by the Worshipful Company of Environmental Cleaners, which took place on 25 September at the Fishmongers' Hall in London.
Environmental health technicians within military units play a crucial role in promoting and maintaining health and the prevention of disease. The job involves advising on all aspects of environmental health, health and safety, occupational hygiene, and environmental protection, both in the barracks and under field conditions at home and abroad.
The Worshipful Company supports this education and training as part of its mission to maintain high standards of practice and integrity within the cleaning industry.
Trophies, medals and purses were presented as follows:
• Private Nicole Jackson - Junior NCO EHT Award.
• Sergeant Paul Hamnett - Senior NCO EHT Award.
• Sergeant Kate Shields - RAF EHT Award.
• Captain Yvonne Gardner - Territorial Army (TA) EHT Award.
• Captain Matthew Greenfield - PGMO General Practice Award.
• Ordinary Cadet Ben Hinves - Best Sea Cadet.
• Marine Cadet One Elizabeth Petrie - Best Marine Cadet.
• Lance Corporal Esther Ansah-Asamoah - Best Army Cadet.
• Cadet Sergeant Lucinda Conder - Best Air Training Corps Cadet.
Maureen Marden, Master of the Worshipful Company of Environmental Cleaners, said: “It was an honour and a privilege to be able to present these dedicated and professional young people with their awards. I have been lucky enough to attend a number of these events over the years, and they have never failed to fill me with an enormous amount of admiration and pride at our association with the RAMC, RAF Environmental Health Cadre, and our three affiliated Cadet Units - Training Ship Narvik, 75 Detachment (RAMC), and 50F Squadron. The awards recognise a very high standard of skill, knowledge and dedication, and all the winners should be justly proud of their achievements. All of them shared a number of commendable characteristics including enthusiasm, commitment, proficiency, flexibility and, above all, support for others. I wish every one of the winners a very long and rewarding future.”