The only official magazine of The Cleaning Show

Three-way alliance creates WashCo

Published 8th May, 2019 by Neil Nixon

Three-way alliance creates WashCo

Hughes Electricals’ two commercial laundry operations, Hughes Pro and Armstrong, are joining forces with Solent Laundry Solutions (SLS) to form a brand-new company – WashCo. It is planned to have the three companies fully integrated by the summer, with a combined workforce of over 100.

WashCo will have its headquarters in Newbury and also operate from bases in Fareham, Glasgow, Leicester, Norwich, and Rochester. Hughes Electrical has a 75% shareholding in the new venture with Solent Laundry Solutions having the remaining 25%.

The board of the new company comprises Andy Pallant from Hughes Electrical as chairman, managing director Peter Hosking and sales director James Holmes, both from SLS, and operations director Simon Quinlan from HughesPro/Armstrong.

Andy Pallant said: “While Hughes Pro, Armstrong and SLS have historically fiercely competed for customers, we have also worked together supplying products, services and advice to one another. So the logic of combining the three companies under one banner was compelling, particularly as we each operate in different parts of the country and both Hughes Pro and SLS are established Miele Professional partners. We will now be working hard to integrate the three businesses while maintaining our high standards of customer service.”

Picture shows, from left, the new board of WashCo: Andy Pallant, James Holmes, Peter Hosking, and Simon Quinlan.

Article links