The Manchester Cleaning Show's free seminar programme will tackle some of the big issues currently affecting the cleaning industry, as well as offering a range of practical advice for those responsible for cleaning and hygiene in a wide range of facilities.
Andreas Lill, director of the European Federation of Cleaning Industries, will be presenting a keynote speech, giving a European perspective of the cleaning industry. This presentation will be the first of many over the two days of the new Manchester-based event which takes place on 6 and 7 April 2016 at Event City, Manchester.
Other speakers confirmed to date include Sarah Burton, leader of the Home Office Illegal Workers team who will speak on the subject of 'Illegal workers in the cleaning industry - solutions for employers', and Dr Amy Gyte from the HSE on the impact of chemicals on cleaning operatives.
Other topics up for discussion will also include:
• Skills and the circular economy - committing to and reusing up-cycled resources.
• Critical mission - the role of cleaning in the food industry.
• Cleaning in the healthcare sector.
• Lack of regulation for domestic cleaners - problems and solutions.
• Case Study: Manchester - showing the way to a cleaner city.
• Attendance monitoring - using technology to manage a cleaning workforce.
• Health and safety requirements for window cleaners.
• Toilet mapping - using technology to assist the public.
• Pest management - what every cleaning contractor should know.
There will also be a series of side-meetings and networking opportunities including the ABCD AGM and presentation of its Cleaning Operative of the Year Award, together with meetings of the British Cleaning Council and the HSE.
If you are interested in speaking or hosting a meeting at the event, please contact Neil Nixon - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Manchester Cleaning Show is organised by the British Cleaning Council and Quartz Business Media, organisers of the Cleaning Show in London.