The only official magazine of The Cleaning Show

Quality every time, says cleaning poll

Published 6th July, 2012 by Neil Nixon

Quality every time, says cleaning poll

Quality is the most important priority when it comes to purchasing products and services for the healthcare cleaning industry, according to an opinion poll.

In these times of budget constraints, the cleaning industry blog site - www.cleanleanhealthcare.org - asked: what is most important in the procurement of services and products for the cleaning of healthcare institutions - price or quality? The overwhelming vote (72%) was for quality, with the remaining 28% of voters opting for price.

James Blackhurst, managing director of Jigsaw Cleaning Systems who ran the survey, said: “This confirms our own belief that you simply cannot replace quality. We believe you can improve the effectiveness - and the quality - of cleaning by using new methods whilst at the same time also reducing costs. Using less water, which means saving time and money, all means there is a reduced resource for a more effective end result. This all makes sense, especially when water is at a premium and we can use new materials and methods in large buildings in the healthcare sector and in other public and private sector buildings.”

The ISSA has launched a new initiative on behalf of its members to highlight the benefits financially and environmentally of efficient cleaning and to educate facilities managers in how to take advantage of the measurable gains it can bring. The ISSA says ongoing market consolidations, cost pressures, complex environmental considerations, new product innovations, and increasing threats from pandemics and other health issues continue to reshape the scope and impact the cleaning industry.

To help members address these issues, ISSA is rededicating its resources and expertise to more effectively educate the commercial market about the vital impact of quality, efficient cleaning.

www.cleanleanhealthcare.org

Article links

http://www.cleanleanhealthcare.org