OCS UK has joined its colleagues in Australia and New Zealand to celebrate its cleaning staff on Thank Your Cleaner Day. Working in partnership with clients including NHS Trusts, British Airways and Mars Chocolate UK Ltd, OCS UK delivered awards to seven cleaners who have been nominated by clients for going above and beyond, delivering exceptional service.
Originating in New Zealand in 2015, and now in its fourth year, Thank Your Cleaner Day is a global initiative for businesses all over the world to recognise the hard work of these often invisible cleaning operatives to let them know they are valued and appreciated.
Bob Taylor, CEO of OCS Group in the UK, Ireland and Middle East, said: “Our cleaners work day, night and weekends to keep our clients’ working environments clean, safe and hygienic. Thank Your Cleaner Day is our chance to come together with our clients to show how much we appreciate the work our cleaners do.”
The winners of the OCS awards are:
· Slawomir Grzesik was recognised for consistently high standards of work, commitment and loyalty at the Mars site in Slough.
· Richard Parsons from the Mars site in Plymouth was also singled out for his enthusiasm and for carrying out everything he does with a cheerful disposition.
· Karl Green was recognised for always going the extra distance to make sure he exceeds expectations in his demanding role at the Mars site in Birstall.
· Frank Mathew was awarded for delivering excellent customer service and high standards over an 18 year career at British Airways Waterside.
· Sharon O'Leary who works at Liverpool Womens Hospital was recognised for her exceptionally high standards which have led to her being tasked with training new staff on the standards expected.
· Gurmil Khamba was recognised for consistently demonstrating a can-do attitude in an often challenging environment, her reliability and cheerful nature over 11 years at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup.
Bob Taylor added: “I would like to take this opportunity to join our clients and personally acknowledge the hard work and dedication shown by our cleaning teams. Without their continuous effort, our client working environments would simply not be the same. They are all OCS stars.”