Traffik UK Limited has been established for over 26 years and works in partnership with the FM sector, flooring manufacturers and distributors providing a range of flooring solutions for all types of hard and soft floor surfaces. Renowned for the use of leading technology Traffik’s primary aim is to ensure that their clients receive the very best and latest industry innovation and the introduction of WearMax is yet another example of the company leading the way in sustainable flooring solutions.
Wearmax is the first high-tech floor seal to incorporate Ceramic components and has been revolutionising the renovation and value-retention of flooring throughout Europe and the USA, where it was first developed 15 years ago - the brand is now available in the UK and Ireland through Traffik UK Ltd.
Howard O’Brien, Managing Director Traffik UK, “the benefits of the WearMax ceramic floor seal system are broad and the opportunities endless. Whether installing a new floor and looking to protect it for longevity and easy maintenance, looking to extend the life of an existing floor or looking to enhance a tired floor coming to the end of its lifecycle - WearMax is the answer. Most importantly the system comes with a 5-10 year warranty - a first for hard floor sealants in the UK.”
“In 2002 Klinik Diakonissen Hospital in Linz, Austria, made the decision to install Wearmax on its main corridor and a ward room in their day patients department as part of a refurbishment of the area”.
“This was one of the first installations of Wearmax in the healthcare sector and was a refurbishment of a floor that was already 25 years old, little did anyone know that the same coating would still be on the floor 14 years later with no sign of wear or traffic lane and still as easy to clean”.
Here is what Doris Kollar, Hygiene and Housekeeping Manager had to say.......... “In August 2002 we decided to have Wearmax Ceramic Finish applied on several areas of 25 year old Linoleum flooring. These floors had a lot of staining on the surface caused by the over use of disinfectants - there were scratches and wear patterns which gave a poor optical appearance to the floors and frequent polishing was required to keep them in a somewhat acceptable state.”
“We were looking for durable, long lasting protection for our floors that would not require frequent stripping and recoating which interfered with the running of the hospital. For a test we had three patient rooms and a high traffic hallway coated with Wearmax. After eight months we were satisfied - no damage of any kind from trolleys and heavy footfall and no stains from disinfectants. Having previously thought about having to replace the substructure of the floor with Wearmax this proved unnecessary and we proceeded to have another 32,000 sq ft of flooring treated by Wearmax. That was 14 years ago and we’re still very happy with both the appearance and durability of all floors treated”.
An additional benefit is Wearmax’s wear resistance in areas where chairs are regularly used. The image in the middle shows a seating area in ward room that was installed first, with no signs of wear form the feet on the chairs themselves – a combination of the excellent resistance characteristics of Wearmax and the use of appropriate feet on the chairs themselves.
The principal benefits of the WearMax system include:
- Longer life floors, reduced maintenance costs, cleaner and safer flooring.
- An anti-static solution to DIN EN 61340-5-1. Tested and certified by leading European institutes.
- A 5-10 year warranty. (Five years in a commercial environment and 10 years in the Healthcare sector). There are examples of WearMax being down on the surface of flooring for 15 years - still looking as good as it did on day one!
- Surfaces are easy to maintain offering the opportunity to reduce cleaning and maintenance costs.
- The floor surface is hermetically sealed. Edge to edge sealing which reduces areas for dirt to collect in and reduces issues relation to odours especially in toilet areas.
- The surface is resistant to chemicals
- Wearmax also offers the option to encapsulate safety signage, lines etc that will last the lifetime of the coating without lifting.
- No more strip and seal and the associated labour costs and chemical usage and removes the need to replace flooring and the resultant landfill and environmental issues.
- Highly resistant to wear, slip resistant and conductive.
- Can be used on plastic, linoleum, synthetic rubber, designer floor coverings, wood and parquet flooring and sports hall coverings.
- Available in a range of RAL colours allowing individual choice and can include coloured chips or individual designs as required.
- Anti-Slip - WearMax includes an anti-slip surface to 40+ Pendulum values (BS7976) - 5 year warranty.
Howard O’Brien, “the addition of the Wearmax Ceramic system to our portfolio of products and services, we believe, sets us apart from our competitors with a product that is not only proven to make floors last longer but is backed by a warranty guarantee that enables Facilities Managers and flooring manufacturers to effectively plan life-cycle flooring costs, offering protection for new floor surfaces, extending the life of ‘mid-cycle’ floor surfaces and as an alternative to replacement”.
“WearMax now gives us a unique approach to the care and maintenance of all types of flooring which enables us to prepare clients for any problems which lie ahead - even before flooring has been planned and laid. Our extensive range of machines and services will not only restore existing problem flooring but help you to avoid having to restore surfaces in the first place through a carefully planned and strategically implemented programme which covers choosing the right flooring in the first instant through to a care and maintenance regime that ensures this valuable asset remains looking it’s best and lasting as long as the manufacturers promised it would”.
For further information and on what Traffik can do for you and for your flooring problems contact:
Traffik UK Ltd, Unit 30,
Deverill Road Trading Estate,