“Welcome to the CSSA Awards 2017, an exciting celebration of the association's campaign to raise the profile of the UK cleaning industry. We are looking for entries from people and/or organisations with projects that have made a difference in the areas of innovation, training, environmental protection, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility. It's your industry - please play your part.” Doug Cooke, chairman of the CSSA.
The CSSA has announced an inaugural awards programme, being delivered in association with the Cleaning Show. The awards have been developed to 'recognise everything that shines within the UK cleaning sector - great products, great systems, great contractors, and great individuals'.
Participants do not need to be members of the CSSA or any other UK industry association - they simply need to be UK-based and have an interest in the UK cleaning sector...and the desire to see its continued development and improvement. The size of the entering organisation or its budget is also irrelevant – rationale, creative thinking, effective outcomes, and benefits to users are most important.
The awards will culminate in a lunchtime ceremony during the Cleaning Show 2017 - Wednesday 15 March at ExCel in London - dedicated to showcasing and celebrating excellence in all the categories, allowing shortlisted and winning organisations to celebrate the hard work, dedication and success of their teams.
There are six award categories in total:
• The Best New Product Award: The winner of this award will be the 'overall winner' from the Cleaning Show Innovation Awards. The Cleaning Show Innovation Awards will be presented at the Cleaning Show on Tuesday 14 March. From the eight category winners, the CSSA judges will nominate an overall winner, and this company will be presented with the Best New Product Award at the CSSA Awards luncheon.
• The Contract Innovation Award: This award will be championed by the Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association (CHSA) who will receive all entries submitted from manufacturers of products and systems who nominate UK contract cleaning businesses that are using products or technology in the most innovative way. A shortlist will be drawn up and the winner will be the contractor that receives the most votes from manufacturers and product/system developers.
• The Training Award: This award will be championed and judged by The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) and will be awarded to the company, team or individual that has done the most to further training within the UK cleaning sector during the past 12 months. Nominations are invited.
• The Environmental and Sustainability Award: This award will be championed and judged by the Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Board (WAMITAB) and will be awarded to the company, team or individual that has done the most to further sustainability or environmental awareness within the UK cleaning sector during the past 12 months. Nominations are invited.
• The Corporate Social Responsibility Award: This award will be championed and judged by the British Cleaning Council and will be awarded to the company, team or individual that has done the most to further CSR within the UK cleaning sector during the past 12 months. Nominations are invited.
• The Outstanding Contribution Award: This award will be championed and judged by the Cleaning Show team and will be awarded to the individual that has done the most to further the profile or professionalism of the UK cleaning sector during the past 12 months.
How to enter
“If you believe that you or your clients deserve business awards, but do not have the time or expertise to compose powerful award submissions yourself, then the CSSA Awards are for you,” said Doug Cooke, chairman of the CSSA. “Just check out www.cssa-uk/AWARDS2017 and see how easy it is to enter!”
Simply visit www.cssa-uk/AWARDS2017 to start the entry process. Entries can be submitted anytime from 14 November 2016 until 12.00 noon on 24 January 2017. Entry to the CSSA Awards is free of charge.
If your entry is shortlisted, you will be informed by 14 February 2017 and receive an invitation to attend the CSSA Awards luncheon on 15 March 2017. This will take place in the Bridge Suite adjacent to the Cleaning Show at ExCel in London where winners will be announced. Winners will receive an award and certificate, and shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.
John Findlater, director general of the CSSA, said: “To win an award, you have to enter. I have seen individuals, teams and companies do fantastic work - certainly deserving of awards - but won nothing because they did not take part. So join in and convince the CSSA Award champions that you are a winner. Gaining professional recognition through awards is critical to ensuring you are celebrating the great things you, your team or your organisation is doing. So do it! Write about it! Enter the CSSA Awards.”
The CSSA Awards offer a chance for you to earn your business the recognition it deserves for its achievements, and to reward staff for making your business what it is. It's free to enter - simply visit www.cssa-uk.co.uk/AWARDS2017 or call 0333 567 0452 for further details.