The only official magazine of The Cleaning Show

Linen stain removal operations expand with new business take-up

Published 11th September, 2019 by Neil Nixon

Linen stain removal operations expand with new business take-up

A new specialist commercial linen cleaning service in Bradford is celebrating a string of business wins following successful free trials. Buttershaw-based Regenex has pioneered new methods in stain removal that are proving successful in around 75% of the most heavily-marked hospitality and healthcare linens.

The company’s customer base so far spans the whole of the UK and beyond - and includes one near-neighbour, just three miles away. Saif Linen in East Bowling has benefited from a 70% return rate on the dirty laundry sent to Regenex so far. Of the 900kg processed, a total of 631kg was successfully treated to meet hotel-grade standards of cleanliness.Regenex is now working with Saif to rescue as much as possible of the remaining 30% of items, by re-dyeing to turn them into coloured pieces.

Ali Mohammed Arosh, owner of Saif Linen, said: “We want everything we do here to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Working with Regenex is helping us to make the most of every item, meaning nothing is wasted. Of the stained pieces we thought were only good for the bin, 70% have been brought back to life by Regenex. This is very impressive.”

Regenex’s multi-bath treatment is based on opening fibres to lift blemishes. Technical director, Paul Hamilton (pictured left with David Midgley), said: “Unless an item is torn or frayed, there is no need to throw away stained linen. In the vast majority of cases, we can remove those marks. This is huge in terms of conserving resources, and minimising waste. Customers don’t believe our system can work until they see it for themselves. That’s why we have been offering free 400kg trials to all new customers. They are invariably amazed by the results.”

Article links