For operatives working in areas where there are sharps (needles and other objects used to puncture the skin), cleaning can be extra hazardous. With the correct management, the risk of accidents can be reduced. That’s why Jangro has expanded its training programme, LMS (Learning Management Solution) with a new module dedicated to Sharps Handling.
The course takes only 30 minutes to complete, and by the end of it, operatives should be able to:
· Understand the nature and the scope of a workplace hazard.
· Identify various risks caused by needle-stick and sharps injuries.
· Understand the five-step process of risk management.
· Identify the roles and responsibilities involved with managing sharps waste.
· List personal protective equipment (PPE) and other tools, and understand why they are important.